Motorists are advised that snow removal and/or street widening operations are in effect tonight. Vehicles must be removed from the following streets from 12:30 to 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 25, as snow removal is in effect. To avoid being ticketed or towed, vehicles should be moved from the following 6 streets before midnight tonight.
1. Carter’s Hill Pl (from Queen’s Rd to End)
2. Garrison Hill (from Queen’s to Military Rd)
3. Harvey Rd (from Bonaventure Ave to Parade St)
4. Lemarchant Rd (from Harvey Rd to Hamilton Ave)
5. New Gower St (from Duckworth St to Hamilton Ave)
6. Queen’s Rd (from King’s Rd to Duckworth St)
*Streets highlighted above in BOLD text are within the Business Improvement Area (BIA) Downtown St. John’s.
Vehicles impeding the snow removal operation will be removed and impounded at the owner’s expense. The towing and administration fee is $250, and the impounding fee is $25 each day the vehicle is held in storage. If proof of registration and insurance is not provided the vehicle can only be towed, not driven, from the impound lot.
Follow us on Twitter @DowntownStJohns as well as the City of St. John’s @CityofStJohns for updates. You can also sign up on line to receive emails on snow removal schedules, traffic interruptions, etc. Go to www.stjohns.ca